JOB DESCRIPTION—Deputy Field Organizer
Jolt Initiative 501c3 & Jolt Action 501c4
Jolt is a non-profit organization founded in 2016 to increase the civic participation of Latinos in Texas to
build a stronger democracy and ensure that everyone’s voice is heard. Jolt knows that our democracy
works best when everyone gets a seat at the table. That’s why Jolt builds the leadership capacity of
Latinos to mobilize their peers to action. Jolt lifts up the voices of young Latinos in Texas to tell their own
stories through creative arts and acts, development institutes, and student leadership.
Jolt believes that Texas is poised for change, with a growing and disaffected Latino population. Today, 1 in
3 eligible voters in Texas is Latino and projections indicate that by 2030, Latinos will make up the
majority of the state’s population. But demographics alone aren’t destiny. Winning change requires
building a homegrown movement and a smart, focused, long-term strategy that can deliver equality and
power to those who are most excluded and often first impacted.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Deputy Field Organizer will work with their regional team to meet a collective of 60,000 registered
voters in 2022. To meet this goal, the organization is hiring a team of part-time Deputy Field Organizers
to register voters in Dallas County. Jolt’s Deputy Field Organizers engage individuals on the importance of
civic education and continued engagement to create change in Texas.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
● Register voters on high school and college campuses, community events, and high traffic areas
● Work with organizers and leaders in the community to coordinate times to register voters
● Track data via database or spreadsheet on a daily basis
● Check-in with your supervisor about team voter registration goals and pledge card collection
● Communicate daily with your supervisor about your shifts and availability
● Represent the organization effectively to the public
● No experience necessary, but must be highly motivated and eager to engage with community
● Willing to work irregular hours and weekends
● Eligible to become a Volunteer Deputy Registrar in the state of Texas
● Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
● Access to a smartphone
● Must be able to work a 20 hours per week
Job Type: This is a 20-hour per week part time position
Location: Dallas, Texas
Compensation: Jolt’s benefit package includes employer match retirement contribution up to 4%,
vacation, personal time off, sick leave, and 23 paid days off, plus additional benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and a cover explaining your qualifications and interest in the position to
firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the job title in the subject line. Position is open until filled.