In 2019, Jolt Initiative experienced exponential growth, doubling our staff to remain true to our commitment to do as much good for as many people as possible.
- Advocating to help pass SB 37, which provides student debt relief to thousands of young professionals, through our Lose the Loans campaign. This victory positioned Texas at the forefront of the affordable education movement in the United States.
- Launching the Contamos/We Count! census campaign, a massive grassroots initiative to mobilize the largest number of Latino census-takers in Texas history through a multi-pronged, comprehensive approach targeting Austin, Dallas, and Houston metro areas.
- Making history with our Poder Quince program, as it became the nation’s first civic engagement campaign focused on harnessing the power of Latino culture to create a new tradition of civic participation among Latinos by doing voter registration at quinceañeras across the Lone Star State.Learn more about our growth, our programs, and our accomplishments in our 2019 Annual Report.
In 2018, Jolt Initiative made a real impact in Texas:
- Registered thousands of young voters
- Reached hundreds of thousands of Latino voters online
- Released “We Are Texas: An Analysis of Young Latino Voters in the Lone Star State”
- Formed 14 student chapters on college campuses
- Trained 106 young Latino leaders through our Levante Leadership Institute
Learn more about our programs and accomplishments in the 2018 annual report.