Jolt Initiative 501c3
Job Announcement Voter Registration Manager
Dallas and Houston, TX
Jolt Initiative (Jolt) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization that increases the civic participation of Latinos in Texas to build a stronger democracy and ensure that everyone’s voice is heard. Jolt knows that our democracy works best when everyone gets a seat at the table. That’s why Jolt builds the leadership capacity of millennial Latinos to mobilize their peers to action. Jolt lifts up the voices of Latino millennials to tell their own stories through creative acts of resistance, like the Migration is Sweet! selfie station, Poderosa mural, and Quinceanera at the Capitol, which collectively reached over 50 million Americans.
Jolt believes that Texas is poised for change as young Latinos are flexing their power. Millennials are now the largest, most progressive and diverse voting block in Texas (and the country). Today, 1 in 3 eligible voters in Texas is Latino and projections indicate that by 2030, Latinos will make up the majority of the state’s population. But demographics alone aren’t destiny. Winning change requires building a homegrown movement and a smart, focused, long-term strategy that can deliver equality and power to those who are most excluded and often first impacted.
Jolt was founded in November 2016 by Cristina Tzintzun, a nationally recognized civil rights leader. Cristina was named “Hero of the New South” by Southern Living Magazine, and her work has been featured on NPR, Vogue, The New York Times, MTV, USA Today, Univision, MSNBC’s Up Late with Alec Baldwin, among others. Jolt is a young organization with big dreams about what is possible in Texas. Our vision has made national headlines and has spurred increased investment into our work- which is why we are hiring talented people to join our growing team.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Jolt seeks to register 25,000 new voters by the end of 2019. Jolt will need two Voter Registration (VR) Managers to oversee this time-bound, critical campaign. The VR Manager will be responsible for hiring and managing canvassers, tracking data and adjusting tactics to meet the campaign’s goals, and coordinating with key partners.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Build a team of 5 canvassers by recruiting from within the local community
- Train and manage the canvass team to ensure compliance and achieve campaign goals
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the campaign
- Track data and adjust plans as necessary to hit key benchmarks
- Coordinate with key partners to troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Support the creation and development of written reports at the conclusion of the campaign
- Experience registering voters
- Strong management skills
- Proficiency in Google Sheets and Google Docs.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, oral and written communications skills
- Self-starter; willing to work irregular hours and weekends
- Have a diplomatic, professional approach to problem-solving
- Experience working with underrepresented and/or diverse communities.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
Location: Dallas and Houston, Texas- One full time position in each city
Job Type: Full-time, salaried exempt position.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Jolt Initiative’s benefit package includes full employer-covered health care, employer match retirement contribution, employer-provided life insurance policy, monthly cell phone reimbursement, 23 paid days off and more.
Please submit your resume with your name and the job title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email tells us briefly why you are interested in the position. Jolt Initiative will accept resumes through December 16, 2018 with a target start date of no later than January 14th.