Jolt Initiative seeks multiple part-time Voter Registration Organizers to build the power of young voters across the state.
Jolt Initiative, a 501c3 non-profit organization, believes young Latinos will transform Texas through the power of their vote. Jolt believes that Texas is poised for change, with a growing and disaffected Latino population. Today, 1 in 3 eligible voters in Texas is Latino and projections indicate that by 2030, Latinos will make up the majority of the state’s population. But demographics alone aren’t destiny. Winning change requires building a homegrown movement and a smart, focused, long-term strategy that can deliver equality and power to those who are most excluded and often first impacted. As a Voter Registration Organizer, you can help build a democracy that values the diverse voices of our state.
The Voter Registration Organizer is responsible for supporting and growing Jolt Initiative’s voter registration program across Texas. They will help identify opportunities on their campus and in their community to register voters, identify volunteers to support events as necessary, and conduct voter registration every week.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
● Conduct voter registration on college campuses through multiple tactics, including:
○ Contact professors to ask about registering voters in their class
○ Identify and attend events on campus and in the community to do voter registration
● Track your progress towards goals by entering detailed information into Google sheets.
● Take photos of you and your friends doing voter registration and send them to the Jolt
● Adaptability: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
● Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
● High organizational skills and detail-oriented
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Positive attitude and team-oriented
● Voter registration experience is a plus
● Ability to become a deputy voter registrar in Texas (U.S. Citizen at least 18 years old)
COMPENSATION AND LOCATION
Jolt will pay $15/hr for this part-time, 12-20 hours/wk temporary position. This is a remote position. The manager will be assigned upon hire.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume to email@example.com with your name and the job title in the subject line. Positions are open immediately.
Jolt Initiative 501(c)3 is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status.