JOB ANNOUNCEMENT PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Jolt Initiative 501c3 & Jolt Action 501c4
Jolt Initiative is a 501c3 non-profit organization that increases the civic participation of Latinos in Texas to build a stronger democracy and ensure that everyone’s voice is heard. Jolt Action is a 501c4 non-profit organization that builds the political power and influence of Latinos in our democracy. Jolt knows that our democracy works best when everyone gets a seat at the table. That’s why Jolt builds the leadership capacity of millennial Latinos to mobilize their peers to action. Jolt lifts up the voices of Latino millennials to tell their own stories through creative acts of resistance, like the Migration is Sweet! selfie station, Poderosa mural, and Quinceanera at the Capitol, which collectively reached over 50 million Americans.
Jolt believes that Texas is poised for change, with a growing and disaffected Latino population. Today, 1 in 3 eligible voters in Texas is Latino and projections indicate that by 2030, Latinos will make up the majority of the state’s population. But demographics alone aren’t destiny. Winning change requires building a homegrown movement and a smart, focused, long-term strategy that can deliver equality and power to those who are most excluded and often first impacted.
Jolt was founded in November 2016 by Cristina Tzintzun, a nationally recognized civil rights leader. Cristina was named “Hero of the New South” by Southern Living Magazine, and her work has been featured on NPR, Vogue, The New York Times, MTV, USA Today, Univision, MSNBC’s Up Late with Alec Baldwin, among others. Jolt is a young organization with big dreams about what is possible in Texas. Our vision has made national headlines and has spurred increased investment into our work- which is why we are hiring talented people to join our growing team.
The Program Director will implement a time-bound, metrics-drive project which requires a team of 150+ plus seasonal employees. The Program Director will oversee the recruitment, training, and motivation of these temporary employees, manage and track the project budget, and analyze and report on metrics to the senior team and external partners.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee all aspects of multiple time-bound, metrics-driven campaigns according to specific benchmarks and make adjustments as needed
- Support the recruitment, training, and mobilization of a team of 150+ seasonal employees to achieve project goals
- Collect data, track progress towards goals, and report to Jolt executive leadership on a regular basis
- Manage and track project budget, including hiring consultants, managing contracts, and approving purchases
- Work with other Program Directors to ensure adequate cross-dissemination of the project
- Edit existing project policies and procedures for temporary staff to be successful
- Create a volunteer recruitment, training, and mobilization plan to supplement paid project work
- Work nights and weekends as dictated by project needs
- 5+ years of experience in civic engagement, campaigns and/or event/project management of large staff/volunteer teams
- 2+ cycles of campaign field or event management experience
- Experience managing and working with high-performing staff and volunteers
- Experience designing, maintaining and improving a goal oriented accountability structure without compromising staff autonomy or innovation
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher education degree
- A track record of working effectively with communities of color
- Demonstrated experience facilitating coalitions and working with a diverse set of stakeholders towards common goals and a cohesive political strategy
- Project Management Certification, preferred
ABILITIES & SKILLS
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, meeting frequent deadlines
- Ability to motivate teams doing repetitive tasks
- Strong organizational skills, showing attention to detail
- Synthesize information and communicate effectively
- Professional approach to problem solving and the ability to think independently and creatively
- Passion, energy, and drive for the Jolt mission
- Must have access to an insured, reliable vehicle
- Must own a smart phone
LOCATION AND START DATE
It is preferred that this position be based in Dallas, Texas. However we will consider applicants in Houston and Austin, Texas. Jolt is accepting resumes on a rolling basis. Position open until filled.
Salary commensurate with experience. Jolt’s benefit package includes full employer-covered health care, employer match retirement contribution up to 2%, employer-provided life insurance policy, monthly cell phone reimbursement, and 23 paid days off, plus additional benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your qualifications and interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the job title in the subject line. Position is open until filled.
Jolt Initiative 501(c)3 and Jolt Action 501(c)4 are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected statu