Classification: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Interim Executive Director
Prepared By: Operations and HR Director
Prepared Date: August 15, 2019
Approved By: Pending
Fill Date: TBD
ABOUT JOLT Jolt is a non-profit organization that increases the civic participation of Latinos in Texas to build a stronger democracy and ensure that everyone’s voice is heard. Jolt knows that our democracy works best when everyone gets a seat at the table. That’s why Jolt builds the leadership capacity of millennial Latinos to mobilize their peers to action.
Jolt believes that Texas is poised for change, with a growing and disaffected Latino population. Today, 1 in 3 eligible voters in Texas is Latino and projections indicate that by 2030, Latinos will make up the majority of the state’s population. But demographics alone aren’t destiny. Winning change requires building a homegrown movement and a smart, focused, long-term strategy that can deliver equality and power to those who are most excluded and often first impacted.
Jolt is a young organization with big dreams about what is possible in Texas. Our vision has made national headlines and has spurred increased investment into our work- which is why we are hiring talented people to join our growing team.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT The Executive Assistant reports directly to the Executive Director, providing executive, administrative, and development support to the Executive Director and Board of Directors. The Executive Assistant also serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Executive Director.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Director including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings
- Work closely with the Executive Director to keep them informed of and prepared for upcoming commitments and responsibilities.
- Monitor and respond to Executive Director emails when necessary and ensure appropriate follow up
- Perform general office duties such as faxing, making copies, filing, distributing mail and ordering supplies
- Prepare and maintain donor thank you letters, acknowledgment cards, and track donor pledge agreements
- Transcribe minutes from committee meetings and board meeting minutes
- Assist with other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS The Executive Assistant should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Associate’s Degree
- Drivers license and reliable transportation
- Experience with data management
- Proficiency in Google Drive, Google Docs, Google sheets, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience using social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- Experience working with communities of color and diverse communities
- Passion and dedication for Jolt’s mission
- Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational and research skills
- Spanish language fluency
LOCATION & START DATE This is a part time position based in Houston, Texas. Position is open until filled.
COMPENSATION Compensation is commensurate with experience. Jolt’s benefit package includes full employer-covered health care, employer match retirement contribution up to 2%, employer-provided life insurance policy, monthly cell phone reimbursement, and 23 paid days off, plus additional benefits.
Please submit your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the job title in the subject line. Only applicants that send their resumes to this email will be considered. Position is open until filled.